Re: [xsl] When to use text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use text()
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:28:54 +0000
You see an hour ago I wast quite content with my

  <xsl:template match="RentAmount | MonthlyAmounts">
    <xsl:attribute name="class" select="'money'"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="RentAmount/text() | MonthlyAmounts/text()">
    <xsl:value-of select="format-number(.,if (xs:decimal(.) > 999.99)
then '$,000.00' else '$0.00')"/>
  </xsl:template>

but now I am not  sure what to make of  the presence of text() in a
match pattern.