Re: [xsl] When to use text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use text()
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:31:03 +0000
> I wonder also if it's more complete to say
>
>   test="text()" is true for any non empty text node
>
> or is there no text node in for example <cat></cat>?

XDM allows empty text nodes, but they only exist transiently and never have a
parent.

If there's a lesson from this thread, it's that Ihe and many others don't want
complete explanations. They haven't got time for them. They want something
short and simple that is true most of the time. They don't mind the fact that
as a result, their programs will sometimes be wrong.

Michael Kay
Saxonica