Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World
From: David Rudel <fwqhgads@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 03:10:24 +0100
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM, David Rudel <fwqhgads@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of the first things one learns in XSLT (from practically any
> tutorial) is about default templates... and once one knows how default
> templates work, then immediately one knows that extracting the date
> can be done simply by calling the node.

Sorry, I realized that some innocent soul looking through the archives
might read this and think using xsl:apply-templates is the standard
way of pulling text from a node.

The point is that whether you spend 30 minutes brushing up on XSLT (in
which case you learn about default templates) or 30 minutes reading up
on Xpath (in which case you'll learn about atomization), either way a
user trying to use the language would see that calling the node would
extract its text, and in neither case would a user be led to use
"text()".
-David

--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously