Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World
From: David Rudel <fwqhgads@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:54:15 +0100
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> but Graydon ...the problem here is "hello world"....
>
> Here's Alan Kay http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alan_Kay
>
> Somewhere on that page is the quotation
>
> "Simple things should be simple complex things should be possible"

But XSLT's Hello World is simple (albeit verbose):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   version="1.0">
   <xsl:template match="/">
      Hello World
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

We are not talking about a simple problem that is hard.

Ihr, I believe the discussion of the specific topic of "text()" has
dominated a conversation that---on its face---purports to be of a
general sort.

Could you please give some examples unrelated to "text()" that
illustrate design problems of the type you are describing?

--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously