Re: [xsl] Managing debug logging in complex transforms: what do people do?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Managing debug logging in complex transforms: what do people do?
From: davep <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:06:18 +0000
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:45:40 +0000
Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@xxxxxxxxx>

> Okay I thought about it a bit more,,
>
> You have step into, step over, step out, run, run to cursor, run to
> end

Procedurally yes.... for XSLT IMHO no?
My mental model is all related to output?
Am I getting this, why am I not getting that?
Is this template 'working' (as I expect)

> It's not clear what the difference is between run and run to the end
> really. I usually use run to cursor or run to end.
>
> Why not some others or some different lingo:
>   - Move to next Template/Function
>   - Move to next test="" is true
>   - Move to next outputted content

rephrased as
Is this template called?
 ???
Last one duplicate of first?

I'm with Eliot, dumping output to terminal.
Increasing levels of output as I focus in,
decreasing level of $debug as I sort it out.
'Special' for a specific template?
<xsl:if $debug = 23>
   output

I suspect this may not be a viable approach for the fxsl style of code,
but its satisfied my needs for a few years.

regards

--

regards

--