Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World - outreach

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World - outreach
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:41:21 +0000
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Richard Fozzard - NOAA Affiliate
<richard.fozzard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Remarkably, I *have* gotten people to believe XSLT is easy -- and those have
almost always been people who are not traditional programmers!

> Of course, these folks aren't doing complex transformations. But they are
people, who for one reason or another, have been given XML to deal with, and
just want to produce a nice HTML page or convert to a different XML format.
I've shown these folks just three elements, wrapped in a single <xsl:template
match="/">:

> 1. xsl:value-of
> 2. xsl:choose
> 3. xsl:for-each

I'm surprised you say non-traditional programmers. These are the same
three statements that proliferate the code of traditional (but non
XSLT) programmers.

You could almost describe them as XSLT's procedural subset.