Re: [xsl] update value of variable in for-each loop

Subject: Re: [xsl] update value of variable in for-each loop
From: henry human <henry_human@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 21:18:58 +0100 (BST)
sorry Michael, David
I was little bustling!
 hope this below is more clear now.
The varable value should be updated

     <xsl:variable name="foo"/>
 <xsl:for-each select=bpartiotion/files/file[@name=bxxb or name=bxyb
or name=basdb or  b&b&b&.. b>
       <xsl:variable name="foo">
                     <xsl:for-each select="data">
                         <xsl:choose>
                             <xsl:when test="contains(elements/elementA '1234)
or contains(elements/package/id '55) or contains(elements/category/id, '67)"
or contains(b&b&b&b&.">

                                 <xsl:value-of select="1"/>
                             </xsl:when>
                             <xsl:otherwise>
                                 <xsl:value-of select="0"/>
                             </xsl:otherwise>
                         </xsl:choose>
                     </xsl:for-each>
                </xsl:variable>

                         <xsl:choose>
                             <xsl:when test="$foo = 1">

                                //doSomething
                             </xsl:when>
                             <xsl:otherwise>
                                 //doNothing
                             </xsl:otherwise>
                         </xsl:choose>
     </xsl:for-each

 Betreff: Re: [xsl] update  value of variable in for-each loop
 An: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Datum: Dienstag, 8. April, 2014 21:56 Uhr

 What are you actually
 trying to achieve? If you simply want to test whether one of
 the elementA elements contains "1234", you can
 write

 <xsl:if
 test="elements/elementA[contains(.,
 '1234')]">
 B B B ...
 </xsl:if>

 But I can't tell if that's what you are
 trying to do because you don't say. You've been
 using this list long enough to know that most of us have
 difficulty reverse-engineering requirements from non-working
 code.

 Michael Kay
 Saxonica

 On 8
 Apr 2014, at 20:13, henry human <henry_human@xxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > Hi
 > I have a for-each loop
 > inside for-each I try to test a
 variable:
 > //if statement
 > <xsl:if test="$foo =
 1">
 > //do nothing
 >

 > The varibale
 definition:
 > B B B  <xsl:variable
 name="foo"/>
 > B B B  B B B
 <xsl:variable name="foo">
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 <xsl:for-each select="data">
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 <xsl:choose>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  <xsl:when
 test="contains(elements/elementA
 '1234)">

 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  <xsl:value-of select="1"/>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  </xsl:when>
 > B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  <xsl:otherwise>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  <xsl:value-of select="0"/>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  </xsl:otherwise>
 > B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  </xsl:choose>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 </xsl:for-each>
 > B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  </xsl:variable>

 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 > B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B
 > B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B
 > Unfortunatelly the value
 of the varable foo is either 001 , 011,00011 and so one and
 the if statement works never correctB  !
 > I even defined the varable as a xs:integer
 type or as below , but ever the value is never a 1B  orB
 0

 <xsl:variable name="foo"B
 select='1'"/>
 > B B B
 B B B  <xsl:variable name="foo">
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 <xsl:for-each select="data">
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 <xsl:choose>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  <xsl:when
 test="contains(elements/elementA,
 '1234)">

 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  <xsl:value-of
 select="'1'"/>

 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 </xsl:when>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  <xsl:otherwise>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  <xsl:value-of
 select="'0'"/>

 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 </xsl:otherwise>
 > B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  </xsl:choose>
 > B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B  B B B
 </xsl:for-each>
 > B B B  B B B
 B B B  B B B  </xsl:variable>