Re: [xsl] Replacing = with == and ===

Subject: Re: [xsl] Replacing = with == and ===
From: "L2L 2L emanuelallen@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 07:39:58 -0000
Yeah, but the long can be extended... It doesn't matter anymore. Xqib is
dead.

E-S4L

> On Aug 5, 2014, at 2:48 AM, "Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx"
>

>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >
>> > Question:
>> >
>> > Why does it seem xslt is favorite over xQuery?
>> >

>> You might get different answers on a different list.... But I do think it's
true that XSLT continues to have much wider usage than XQuery.

>> I think the reason for that is primarily that people want to do
transformation (which retains most of the information in a document, but in
different form) rather than query (which extracts small amounts of information
from a document).

>> Although XQuery is capable of doing transformation, XSLT is better at it
for two reasons:

>> (a) the built-in rule-based processing model using template rules
>>
>> (b) the customization capability provided by xsl:import
>>
>> neither of which have any parallel in XQuery.
>>
>> XQuery is much better at doing complex joins, but that's not the kind of
processing people are mostly doing.