Re: [xsl] calling Java non static methods from XSLT @Mike Kay

Subject: Re: [xsl] calling Java non static methods from XSLT @Mike Kay
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 05:48:00 -0000
On Mon, 2016-06-06 at 03:34 +0000, Wolfgang Laun
wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

[...]
> With more than 1,000,000,000,000 nodes to deal with, any shortcut
> should be
> taken. Even if it may be heresy to say so on an XSL list, I'd also
> benchmark alternatives not using XSLT if the transformation is simple
> and/or not likely to change.

With XSLT 3 there's the possibility of a streaming transformation.
Otherwise, making a pyramid in which multiple separate
threads/processes each traverse some small subset of the data - e.g.
with XQuery - and generate partial results, which is later combined and
aggregates - may be necessary. But it might be that systems designed
for handling "Big Data" are more appropriate.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)