Re: [xsl] Collect data from a whole map hierarchy, then use it in a topic

Subject: Re: [xsl] Collect data from a whole map hierarchy, then use it in a topic
From: "Paul Tyson phtyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 00:55:16 -0000
If youbre not using DITA-OT [1] for anything nontrivial, youbre doing it
the hard way. Therebs a bit of a learning curve by probably not as long as
this thread.

bPaul

[1] https://www.dita-ot.org/

> On Jun 15, 2023, at 10:52, Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx
>
> o;?The guy who was largely responsible for DITA XSLT was on this list at one
time?
> You may find his name via Google.
> Dita has an odd structure.
> He's the man to ask.
>
> regards
>
>> On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 at 15:46, rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I am still trying to find the best way to navigate through an entire
ditamap structure, collect certain data, then reprocess the map to insert the
pertinent data into one of the topics. Earlier this week I posted code using
an accumulator, but when I reprocess the map using a different mode, it only
shows the each topicbs collected data.

>> I can post my code, but I am wondering if there is a better general purpose
algorithm for doing this with XSLT 3. I am not familiar with some of the
version 3 things like iterate or folding, but I am willing to learn the best
approach to a task like this. Thank you.