[xsl] Re: How to declaratively describe a mapping that involves breaking a string apart and reassembling the parts with an additional symbol?

Subject: [xsl] Re: How to declaratively describe a mapping that involves breaking a string apart and reassembling the parts with an additional symbol?
From: "Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 17:53:41 -0000
Someone sent me this response:

"A declarative description seems to me like just a procedural description but
with less detail: it's a continuum rather than a sharp dichotomy.  I see no
obvious limit to how "declarative" we could make things, particularly as AI
gets better and better at anticipating what we want.  Like, maybe you'll just
say to GPT-8, "write me a first-person shooter game where I get to battle a
7-headed hydra," and it will fill in all the details, asking you clarification
questions as needed."

Do you agree that a declarative description is like a procedural description
but with less detail?

/Roger