Re: [xsl] Re: How to declaratively describe a mapping that involves breaking a string apart and reassembling the parts with an additional symbol?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: How to declaratively describe a mapping that involves breaking a string apart and reassembling the parts with an additional symbol?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 20:18:54 -0000
> Do you agree that a declarative description is like a procedural
description but with less detail?

Definitely not.

If the "less detail" is sufficient for finding the solution to the problem,
then any other solution that needs "more detail" is obviously sub-optimal
and may be incorrect.

It doesn't matter if one solution is "declarative" or the other is
"procedural" -- the above stands true for any two solutions, regardless of
how they have been labeled.

Thanks,
Dimitre

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 10:53b/AM Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx <