Re: [xsl] How to declaratively describe a mapping that involves breaking a string apart and reassembling the parts with an additional symbol?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to declaratively describe a mapping that involves breaking a string apart and reassembling the parts with an additional symbol?
From: "Mukul Gandhi mukulg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 06:45:14 -0000
Hi Roger,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 6:51b/PM Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx <

I do not know how to declaratively describe the other part of the mapping
> -- map dddd to ddd.d (where d = digit)
>
> How do I declaratively describe this mapping?

Perhaps, one of the way to specify above mentioned kind of XML document src
to target formats mapping, may be like following,

<digitStrMapping minNoOfDigits="1" maxNoOfDigits="5">
    <old>
       <decimalPosition>NA</decimalPosition>
    </old>
    <new>
        <decimalPosition towardsRight="true">1</decimalPosition>
    </new>
</digitStrMapping>

An XSLT stylesheet then needs to read the above mentioned XML mapping
specification, to perform its XSL transformation tasks.

I definitely think, that other XML mapping specification formats for
this requirement can be thought about.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi