Re: [xsl] Doing math in XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Doing math in XSLT?
From: "dvint dvint@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:59:03 -0000
I don't recognize the use of {} in the comment. Can you use value-of and
select the result? I'm outputting text not xml, so the comment wouldn't
work.That was the minimal code in my example. I'll see if I can extract
something fuller but simple.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx"
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 4/1/24  11:43 AM  (GMT-08:00)
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [xsl] Doing math in XSLT? On
01/04/2024 20:37, dvint@xxxxxxxxx wrote:> I have the following XML>> <row>>
B B B B <entry nameend="col2" namest="col1">> B B B B B B B  <p>OpenID Connect
client settings</p>> B B B B B B B  <note> B B B B B B B B B B B
id="note_N1055C"> B B B B B B B B B B B  >The following parameters are only
applicable> B B B B B B B B B B B  when this client supports the OpenID
The attributes nameend="col2" namest="col1" indicate that this row> spans 2
columns (end - start + 1).>> I've tried this to try and get the numbers 1 and
2 from these strings,> but I get NaN errors>> <xsl:variable name="start">
B B B B select="number(substring-after(@namest, 'col'))" as="xs:double"/>>
<xsl:variable name="end"> B B B B select="number(substring-after(@nameend,
'col'))" as="xs:double"/>>> I've tried this in different combinations
with/without the> as="xs:double" and number() and those variations throw the
same error.For me a template B  <xsl:template match="entry"><xsl:variable
name="start" B B B  select="number(substring-after(@namest, 'col'))"
as="xs:double"/><xsl:variable name="end" B B B
select="number(substring-after(@nameend, 'col'))" as="xs:double"/> B B B
<xsl:comment>{$end - $start + 1}</xsl:comment> B  </xsl:template>doesn't give
any error with Saxon HE 12 and outputs e.g. <!--2--> foryour sample XML.Please
show us minimal but complete code that gives that error and tellus which XSLT
processor and version you use.