Re: [xsl] Do you have XSLT code that converts a Schema Component Model (SCM) to an XML instance document?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Do you have XSLT code that converts a Schema Component Model (SCM) to an XML instance document?
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 12:20:14 -0000
On 12/04/2024 14:06, Roger L Costello costello@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> The folks at SAXON have a wonderful tool that converts an XML Schema into a
form that they call the Schema Component Model (SCM). The SCM contains lots of
metadata (minOccurs, maxOccurs, default) about each item in the schema. I used
the tool to generate a SCM for an XML Schema that I have. Now I would like an
XSLT program which goes through the SCM and outputs an XML instance with
metadata, like this:

> <Book minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
>      <Title minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>      <Cost minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
>          <Currency minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" default="USD"/>
>          <Value minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
>      </Cost>
> </Book>
>
> Do you have an XSLT program which does this? Would you be willing to share
it with me?

I don't remember something specific to XSLT and to SCM, but doesn't
oXygen have a menu item/function
(https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/xml_schema_instance_generator.html)
to generate an instance document from an XSD schema? There also used to
be a .NET implementation of an instance generator. I think the .NET tool
was open source from Microsoft (for .NET framework?), I don't know what
oXygen uses under the hood, probably a Java tool, perhaps ask them
whether it is open-source or their own work as part of oXygen.