Re: [stella] POLL

Subject: Re: [stella] POLL
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 20:36:28 -0600 (CST)
Glenn Saunders boldly stated:
>How many people on the list are planning to write a 2600 game?

Not in the forseeable future.  It's on my list of things I might like
to do if I ever have the time, but I don't think I will.  I'm saving
messages from this list that might be helpful if I do, though.

>What level of skill are you at in 6502 assembly?
>
>Willing to Learn

if I have time one day.

>What level of skill are you at working on the 2600 in particular?
>
>Willing to Learn

if I have time one day.

>How much time do you have to reach your goals in 2600 programming?

The rest of my life.

>What could be done to create more of an incentive to learn and program
>more aggressively?

Prestige?  Money or some other reward is usually a good incentive.
Heck, maybe just someone willing to dump a game to a cart with a nice
label so the programmer has something physical to show people would
work.  (Assuming the programmer doesn't have this ability himself.)
I hope this answer will be helpful since the rest weren't.

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)