Re: [stella] Making carts

Subject: Re: [stella] Making carts
From: Patrick Wickwire <nowherem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 18:24:26 -0500

> I'll counter your praise by praising Ed for not limiting the supply of his
> games on cartridge.
>
> Joe (who'd _much_ rather plug in a cartridge anyday)

     Keep in mind that by limiting the production of the
games you make, ie Retroware will never produce more then
100 Okie Dokies, you are increasing the value of the carts
you do produce.  I was given two Okies for supplying some
of the carts used in production.  The carts originally sold
for $18 each shipped (via priority mail).  Examples of items
I've been offered in trade for my duplicate are Obliex, Ikari
Warriors, Texas Chainsaw Massacure, Pole Position for the
Vectrex, or a Playstation.
     I think a good stratagey would be to limit the number
of cartridges you make and then reserve the last five or
ten games for future auctions or trades.  A limited production
run does not mean that you can't make a substantial profit
from your work.

Patrick Wickwire
nowherem@xxxxxxxxxx