Re: [stella] Reliability of Supercharger loads?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reliability of Supercharger loads?
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 00:49:16 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Erik Mooney wrote:
> Anyways, the thing works, but the loads seem very unreliable, even with the
> brand new version of Bob's Makewav... I couldn't get the thing to load all

First off, the Supercharger is finicky about levels.  It seems to work
best on a headphone signal for me, and you'll have to experiment to find
the "sweet spot" in the volume.

Secondly, Bob's updated makewav, at least the Amiga version, writes 22khz
wavs.  Fastload won't work for me (still have to try it on my 1200) so I
think some finessing of the code is in order to make more robust
waveforms.

However, regular mode 22khz and both fast and slow 44khz works for me, and
that's on Amiga 8-bit audio here, so it should work for you.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/