[stella] Minesweeper for 2600, please test

Subject: [stella] Minesweeper for 2600, please test
From: Sören Gust <sgust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 97 18:27 MET DST
This is my first attempt at programming the 2600: Minesweeper. This is
not a final version, but it is complete enough for some compatibility
tests. As I live in Germany, I can only test it with real PAL Atari's
and NTSC Emulators.  I use the TV type switch to switch between pal
and ntsc (color=PAL).  If you live in some NTSC Country, please test
it and tell me what happens.

Some hints how to play:
You have to find some mines/bombs hidden on a 6x6 field. If you step
on a field it shows you how many bombs are in the 8 surrounding
fields. To help you remember, where you think the bombs are, you can
set flags on every field. To set a flag steer the cursor to the border
of the field and press the trigger button. The border changes the
colour from red to green. Now you can set/clear flags. Do the same
procedure again to go back to "search the bomb" mode. You cannot step
on a flag, you have to clear it first. If you step on a bomb, you lose
and the background flickers. If all but 5 fields are visible, you win
and the playfield flickers. The white area under the playfield shows,
how big the display is. The final version will show there how many
bombs are hidden. Press reset to start a new game.

Missing features:
 - After Powerup you get always the same field.
 - No sound.
 - You can't choose the number of bombs, there are always 5.
 - No source release yet, final version will be freeware.
 - Better documentation.
 - Better win/lose display.

Soeren Gust, sgust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx