Re: R: R: [stella] New project - RPG engine

Subject: Re: R: R: [stella] New project - RPG engine
From: "Matthew B. Vigor" <mumbv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:50:10 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:

> Break the game in a number of 4k parts that could be put on single carts,
> but subordinate the playing of any part >1 to the entering of an access
> code that is revealed at the end of the previous part.
> The code should also be a packed representation of various game parameters
> (strenght, weapons, inventory...) that have to be transferred to the new
> part of the game.
> Survival Island worked more or less this way.
> I don't really know if this would be feasible, but I think it's worth some
> thoughts.
>
> Ciao,
> P.

In theory, this sounds great.  A 32-in-1 multicart with dipswitches could
be made with 32 4K game sections on it, each accessed by a code.  There's
your 128K game.

+ Matthew B. Vigor       |  http://home.earthlink.net/~mumbv/index.html =
+ P.O. Box 6073          |     Best place to reach me: MB-Vigor@xxxxxxx =
+ Macomb, IL 61455-6073  |  Send a copy of this e-mail with snail-mail. =