[stella] Multiple Sprite Art & Name

Subject: [stella] Multiple Sprite Art & Name
From: RodneyS433@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:26:24 -0400 (EDT)
<Sorry for the repeat.  AOL automatically compresses attached files - which I
believe PC users will not be able to inflate.  So here's the art & story
again, uncompressed.>

I figure I'd better submit this before someone else beats me to the punch
line!  With a name in the works (Hell, I don't care if you call it
Hemorrhoids) the art is still salvageable. I just want to contribute
something.  Can't program, but I do enjoy the games and reading about the
works in progress.

Anyway, I must have Babylon 5 on the brain (never seen an episode in my life
- but figure this has to be how I've ended up with the logo).  Too cheesy!
 But so is my story which goes a little somethin' like this:

You're the pilot of Balthazaar 1, an experimental starship that has been sent
to destroy a cluster of asteroids on a collision course with Earth.  En route
you intercept a garbled transmission coming from within the cluster.
 Fourtunately for you, the onboard computer is able to decipher enough of the
message (later, you decide that maybe it would be better not knowing).  The
interstellar contact scientists have been waiting for is now a reality.
 Unfortunately it's not the friendly ETs we all hoped for.

Your ship is equipped with more than enough firepower to take care of the
space debris and various escorts you encounter.  It's what lies ahead that
bothers you.  Sensors indicate that the alien motherships are impervious to
your lasers and ramming their vessels would prove fatal.  But that's exactly
what they're planning on doing to you!

By shear chance, you notice that some of the escorts are picking up the
"crystalized" remains of the asteroids.  You run a quick check on the debris
and  understand why.  It appears that the asteroids are a fuel source for the
alien ships.  Somehow the combination of heat and the vacuum of space
transform the rocks into a highly concentrated "fuel" for the spaceships.

As you ponder the possibilities, the computer comes back with this bombshell:
it's possible to cause the crystals to rapidly expand (i.e. you've got
bombs)!  Now things don't seem as bad, in fact you might even have a chance
against the motherships.  With this, you quickly set about collecting as many
crystals as possible with the remaining time left.

How long can you last?  Battle wave after wave, after all you're Earth's last
hope...

JPEG image