[stella] All Supercharger experts!

Subject: [stella] All Supercharger experts!
From: Robin Harbron <robinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:30:48 -0400
I hope I can ask my question well enough that you
folks can answer it :)

I'm working on that C64->SC program, and now have
it working fine with both rescue.bin and pcmsg25.bin.
It adds the correct headers/checksums etc, and then
plays it out the C64 into the attached SC.  Both
of these binaries are 4K.

However, it doesn't seem to work with other sized
binaries.  Currently, I'm making the incorrect
assumption that the start (run) address of games
is $f000.  Now, this is true for my two test
programs, but not all software.  Where is the
start address located in all the different sized
binaries?  What are the different sizes of binaries
available?  2048, 4096, 6144, 8448?  Is it the
last few bytes of a 4096 byte image?  Should
a 2048 byte .bin be turned into a 4096 byte
image by sending it twice, like $f000-$f7ff and
$f800-$ffff are mirrors of each other?

Wow, lots of questions, hope I made myself clear.
My goal in this is to be able to play all the
.bins available, not just 4096 byte ones that
run at $f000.
--
Robin Harbron <robinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth