[stella] Re: DASM

Subject: [stella] Re: DASM
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:16:34 -0700 (MST)
>Nick S Bensema wrote:
>>
>> I think it would be advantageous to try and port the latest DASM we can find.
>> Eckhard
>
>I think you mean me.

00ps.  Duh.  I forgot, he's the one who _hasn't_ made release packages yet.
Sorry.

>> has version 2.12 or something like that, and DASM 2.0x won't compile
>> Dark Mage because of it.  (I wanted to try and test some new fonts for it.)
>
>I'm not sure what we're gonna do about this, but I put the complete
>source package for DASM 2.12 at http://www.crl.com/~mor/dasm212.zip in
>case anyone wants to try and compile/port beyond Linux.  I can't
>understand why source for this version is so hard to assemble with
>v2.02, but maybe someone will figure it out and modify this version to
>make it backwardly compatible with all the 2.02-based source around,
>while still compiling my code ;).

As I understand it, the problems you faced dealt with whether DB or WORD
was used and other little things like that.  The documentation seems to
hint that compile-time options can be set to allow this kind of
compatibility.  I'll check this if I ever decide to attempt another
compile, though.