RE: [stella] Multi game with collision detection! (multi050.bin) included

Subject: RE: [stella] Multi game with collision detection! (multi050.bin) included
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 08:21:00 -0600
>Reply to your message of 12/19/97 8:14 AM

>After all, who in their right mind would depend on the contents of hardware
>after a power up?  Well, you might be surprised.

Hehe, me :)  Actually I fought this problem with Okie Dokie.  My problem is that the emulators and the Supercharger both initialize everything to zero, so when I test it it works.  The first prototype I made of Okie Dokie (actually writing it to a ROM and trying it) did weird things on startup, I am using a Jr, but don't recall which one it is.  At any rate, a very small loop that initializes all registers to $00 takes care of it, and I appreciate you pointing this out to me!

>So I guess the moral of the story is that the *rainbow* Atari 2600 seems to
>power up with TIA registers and/or RAM in a different state than the
>*traditional* model.  Not that this has anything to do with Multi050... but
>who knows ???

Very interesting tidbit of information!

>BTW, I still haven't fixed object wrapping in z26, but I really like how
>obvious Multi050 makes the bug.  I know of no other game that makes it so
>obvious what needs to be done.  Cool.

What platform was z26 for again and where can we get it?

				Take Care,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert