Re: [stella] adventure

Subject: Re: [stella] adventure
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:30:24 -0800 (PST)

> I'm not very positive about the possibility of expanding Adventure starting
> from the existing source and adding Supercharger support.

Considering that Superman and HH were written using Adventure as a
reference, I assume that the engine is fairly portable and generic.

This family of games (and you may want to include Raiders as the final
evolution although it kinda goes beyond it) are, to me, what symbolize the
uniqueness of the 2600 and its game catalog in the way that, for instance,
Star Raiders symbolizes the Atari 8-bit.

Many other popular 2600 titles were arcade ports, not originals, even
things like Combat which was Tank and Jet Fighter, but Adventure was
original.  Warren claims it was based on a teletype adventure game, but
with the move to a graphical format, it's a totally different genre
altogether.

I always wanted to see more games of this type.