[stella] Problem

Subject: [stella] Problem
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:24:44 -0800 (PST)
I suspect that some form of scripting virus has gotten into stellalist
somehow and is joining people randomly without their consent or doing
other sundry things.  I am kicking addresses of the list left and right to
try to get rid of it but nothing seems to stem the tide.

Omar Thameen, who runs Biglist, also tried to kill an address manually so
he may know something is afoot.

There may be more than one problem at the same time.  There may be a
routing issue related to Fidonet, which has always been a kind of hack as
far as integration with the internet is concerned.  In the past there have
been times when our list mailer has been mistaken for a spammer and we've
had hate mail get sent back at us.

I will definitely be more careful who I let onto the list at this point...
No more automatic approval.

Please notify me of any weird behavior in the future and I will check up
on it, mailing postmasters of various ISPs that these messages flow
through if necessary.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--      ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxx homepage http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page http://www.primenet.com/~krishna                ==