colour problems (was:Re: [stella] sync problems...)

Subject: colour problems (was:Re: [stella] sync problems...)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 22:29:30 +0100
At 16:05 +0100 12-03-1998, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

>I am using:
>a PAL TV
>a PAL VCS jr.
>a German power supply
>and a NTSC Supercharger.

Do you get the colours in the "rewind tape" screen, with a NTSC
Supercharger on a PAL TV? (just curious). Given the weird "odd Pal lines"
problem, I think there's only a 50% chance...

Also, I've got a Demon Attack cart with a strange colour problem. The cart
and the box say "PAL", but the game plays in black and white on a PAL TV. I
think that the cart can't be "broken", the only reason should be the game
doing an odd number of scanlines, but why didn't they notice this? I must
say that this is a late "white label" Imagic release, so maybe for some
strange reason they used the NTSC code... who knows.

Ciao,
 P.