Re: [stella] 16K cartridge boards

Subject: Re: [stella] 16K cartridge boards
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:03:16 -0800 (PST)
> I guess I was focusing on the 'considered silly' and 'incompetent pirates'
> part.  If the 2600 can read it, anyone interested in stealing it can read
> it.  That's a fact of copy protection.  All it does is add another set of
> hassles for someone wanting to figure out how the code works, if just to
> learn from it.

Yeah, I found this definition very humorous.  But you have a good point here.
The only [well known] protection scheme I know of that hasn't been cracked
is the 7800 encryption.  And that's not software protection, strictly speaking.
If someone is determined to crack the 16K cart, it could be done.  But it
will be a HELLUVA LOT HARDER to do it!

-Chris