Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 22:06:05 +1000
>Do you still have the source code? Maybe the parts that have nothing to do
>with graphics could be recycled in some way..

No, I do not.
Most of the code was to do with the tricky character set manipulation, and
not relevant here.  The actual joystick and control system (called the "reel
system" in-house) was a simple bytecode interpreter with vectors for
joystick effects which changed based upon the state of the player/opponent.
Its simple once you understand it, but a very powerful system.

Contact me on ICQ #3297382.  Visit my sites...
Museum of Soviet Calculators:
http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/slide/calculator/soviet.html
Slide Rule Trading Post: http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/slide/
Weird Computing Machines: http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/weird/