Re: [stella] In the final testing stage (I hope).

Subject: Re: [stella] In the final testing stage (I hope).
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:34:37 -0400 (EDT)
In article <3.0.1.32.19980910152212.00a04dd0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, you wrote:

>And if you really care about acuracy, you could try to build a
>joystick port connector for a DCF77 receiver, or whatever the
>equivalent for that is in Canada. ;-)
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

For awhile I was tossing around the idea of building a battery backed up
clock onto the cartridge itself. This would have greatly simplified the
clock software since all the timing would be done by the cart hardware.
It would just feed the software variables for the hours, mins, secs.
But it would be way too much work to build the carts then, and they'd
likely be expensive. (The plus is that you wouldn't have to re-entre the
time each time you plug in the clock cart).

Maybe I'll make a special second version of the clock cart sometime in
the future, although there are bigger 2600 hardware/software projects
I'd like to work on first. (2600 midi interface for one!).

                                CRACKERS
                (Soldering iron at the ready from hell!!!)

--

Collector of Atari 2600 carts - Accordionist - Bira Bira Devotee - Anime fan
***     http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html       | Crackers' Arts Base ***