Re: [stella] Grid demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Grid demo
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:51:48 GMT
>I didn't say this exactly right, but look at the screen. The lines that
>have RESPx to both sets of sprites shows three sprites in the first
>group and two sprites in the second group.  You get three in the first
>group because the prior line only had one RESPx.  The lines that have a
>single RESPx only show two out of the three sprites because the prior
>line had two RESPx.

When you say "the prior line only had one RESPx", where exactly is the
position of that RESP0?  If that RESP0 is at position, say, 40... then on
the next line you hit RESP0 again at 40, you will get a sprite at position
40, but it was caused by the *first* line's RESP0, not the second.  Because
40 is the current position of the sprite, it starts displaying at position
40, because the RESP0 for line 2 hasn't happened yet - as far as the TIA is
concerned, it's simply a standard sprite positioning and display.

Then RESP0 gets hit on line 2, and generates copies at positions 56 and 72
(assuming NUSIZ0 was set to three-close.)  No RESP0 should ever generate
the first copy on that line.  It all makes sense to me except for
multiple-copies-from-previous-line, which is a special case.