[no subject]

From: Keith W Gerdes <kwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:52:06 -0600 (CST)
Burger,

Thanks for the feedback!  :-)

>> What would happen if you had 2 ROM chips selected
>> (by design) at the same time on a data bus?
> You would use a LOT of power.

What if it's only for a few bytes (<10) at powerup?

>> Is there risk of damaging any chips on the bus?
> Yes, not immediately, but over time the heat damage to the chip trying
> drive the bus high (Logic 1) would shorten the life of the ROM by a lot.

"by a lot" - how much?

Again, what if for only a few bytes?

Is there anything that can be added to help the situation?

> In most cases this results in a logical "AND"

"most cases" - Other than building something, is there
any way to be sure?

I assume this isn't "wired-and" since ROMs aren't open collector?

And I assume pull-up resistors aren't necessary for logical "AND"?