Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage

Subject: Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 19:52:28 +0200
At 08:36 05.06.99 -0700, you wrote:

>Has anyone tried hacking the color so that there is a better contrast
>between black and white?  I don't think it's possible to have the black
>sprite be black, right?

After having another look at the code, changing the colours turned out to
be very easy. The colour values are stored from FF6E to FF75. The first
four values are for B/W mode, the last four are for colour mode. The
values are board dark, board light, pieces light, pieces dark. They
are $06,$08,$0e,$00,$82,$84,$8e,$26. So, if you want the dark pieces
in colour mode to be real black, you'd have to change the $26 at
$ff75 (or $1f75 in the PCAE debugger or $0f75 in a HEX file editor)
into a $00. Or you could simply switch the colour/black and white
switch into B/W mode. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg