Re: [stella] What I've got so far

Subject: Re: [stella] What I've got so far
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:22:51 -0700 (PDT)
Forgive me for asking so many questions, but you guys explain things so
much clearer than the Stella manual.

So I would start the program with:
LDA #$02
Because this hex number, when tranlated to binary, is 00000010 and bit
1 at memory location $0000 starts VSYNC, and I next:
STA $0000
Once that is done, I can put a couple of commands in, to blank out some
memory or something.  After a few commands, I would:
WSYNC
Then I can put a couple of other things here if I want, or just leave
it blank and immediately:
WSYNC
Then I do whatever it was again and:
WSYNC
That will make the third scanline for the VSYNC.  I then:
LDA #$00
STA $0000
Which turns off the VSYNC and then I start working on the VBLANK area,
right?  (Not to repeat everything gentlben wrote, I just want to make
sure I have the logic right.)

So VBLANK just sends out whatever color is in the background register
at that time, huh?  Could come in very handy.

> no, not this time <gets the tranquilizer dars>

I'll have you know if you shoot me with a drugged dart, I'll...well,
I'll be very happy, but that's beside the point!  ;-)