Re: [stella] New games

Subject: Re: [stella] New games
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 19:51:04 -0700
At 01:09 PM 8/1/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have Alfred's Challenge than can let us in on what's on the
>site?  And while I'm asking, if you have AC, how is it?  How does it compare,
>in quality, to Oystron (in terms of graphics, sounds, and polish)?

I think Alfred's Challenge is good, but not great the way Oystron is.  The
movement of the guy in AC is a little jerky and stiff sometimes, and
certain collisions and jump situations seem too picky.  It's the kind of
thing that I think might have been solved had it been gametested here.  I
also feel that there is better replay value in a shooter with its
randomness vs. a platformer which you can "finish".