Re: [stella] A couple of questions

Subject: Re: [stella] A couple of questions
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:06:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- Clay Halliwell <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is really a rather clever arrangement, as it
> means that 7800 controllers (all three of them) work
> fine with 2600-compatible games, and 7800 games that
> use only one button can be played with a 2600
> controller.  Also, it means that, YES, a 2600 game
> could make use of the 7800's two buttons.

Does this mean a 2600 game can only use the buttons on a 7800 unit
since it would logically be wired up to receive the signal, or a 2600
game can detect the other button regardless of the unit played on?

By the way, since you seem to have explored the pinouts pretty
thoroughly, can I plug my Genesis pad and Arcade Stick into the 7800
and still play?  Those "in-between size" joysticks don't look too
comfortable.

> PS-- Hey, this is my first post to the Stella list!
> I've been lurking here
> for a month or two. Hi Glenn! What's all this
> confusing 6502 stuff you guys
> are talking about? <grin>

Ohmuhgawd!  A spy!  Get the piano wire and pinata bats!