Re: [stella] DASM 101

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM 101
From: Dan Knapp <dankna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:46:27 -0400 (EDT)
> Oh, boy...a text editor.  I need real help here.
>      By taking a text file, does that mean that I type out my program
> on my word processor, save it as a text file, and then use DASM to
> convert it to code?  If so, what format do I use?  Do I just type the
> command, what if anything comes after the command, hit return, and the
> assembler will know what to do?

  Ooh!  My topic!
  Most word processors will call it "Plain Text", or "ASCII".  You can also
use a text editor (as distinct from a word processor in that it edits ONLY
plaintext files, or at least that is its primary mode).  DOS EDIT is one such;
allow me to recommend any incarnation of vi; links from my page at
  http://users.bergen.org/~dankna/

  Having taken a moment to promote my favorite editor, I will not plunge back
into my normal state of lurking and re-setting-up my computer for work on
Pinball...

|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  | dankna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                           |
|---------------|  Blip  | http://www.bergen.org/~dankna/                  |
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  | C PS SQL Java Unix Mac RPN/L NES SMB1 BM        |