Re: [stella] WSYNC and RESPx questions

Subject: Re: [stella] WSYNC and RESPx questions
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:37:30 +0200 (CEST)
At Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:19:41 +0200, you wrote:

> That's because of the HMOVE command right after the
> fist WSYNC.
> If you access RESxx or HMxx within 24 cycles after a
> HMOVE
> command, you might get different positions for the
> objects than
> normal. Z26 emulates this effect except for most of
> the variations
> on the Cosmic Ark starfield effect, which works by
> doing just this.

Thanks, i didn't know, that there are the same
restrictions for RESxx as for HMxx. I haven't found
this valuable information in the big-file or the
archives.

> IIRC if you start the WSYNC after cycle 72, you'll
> get an extra scanline.

I think you must be right (there was some discussion
about this some time ago), but i still got the problem
with the riveraid-listing. If my tests aren't
completly wrong, WSYNC sometimes would start at cycle
74, which should show some errors.

Any idea???

Thanks, Thomas Jentzsch

===
Thomas Jentzsch           | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
tjentzsch at yahoo dot de |