Re: [stella] Interest Query...

Subject: Re: [stella] Interest Query...
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:50:29 +0100
>Would you/anyone buy it for $70 if it included an advanced game?

If you really can support ALL bankswitching formats and add some
extra goodies, this would make a great development tool, so I would
probably buy one.

If I weren't interested in programming, I'm not so sure that I
would buy your new supercharger only as a game playing device.
$70 is pretty expensive for a classic gaming item and the fact
that you have to load the games from a computer makes playing
them pretty tedious.

>Would you program games for it(using advanced features) ?

I would certainly experiment with the advanced features, but if
I would be able to really finish a game for it, I'm not sure.

There already is the Supercharger with it's advanced features,
but hardly anyone has tried using them. Being able to hold a
real game cartridge in your hands when your game is finished
and the much higher userbase for standard VCS games are big
motivating factors, that your extra features have to make up
for, if you want to get anyone to program for your device.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg