Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?

Subject: Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 16:26:11 -0500
>I've heard "The Core" mentioned a few times on this
>list.  I'm guessing I came in too late.  What was it?
>Did it use both drivers, or just one?  What was the
>object of the game?
>
>Hey, I can dream of making it work, right?

"The Core" was a 2-player game that was supposed to be independently made
and distributed over last(?) summer.  Unfortunately, after collecting the
money, the carts were never distributed.  Supposedly, the guy fell off of
the face of the planet.

I don't believe anyone has ever played it, so it's even rumored that the
whole thing was a hoax.  Has anyone ever tried it at all?

"The Core" website:
http://www.plethora.net/~paulo/thecore.html

I know that Randy Crihfield offered to produce them himself, but Mr. Oswood
decided not to go that route.

I have some understanding for the difficulty in producing carts by hand
(the first copies of Pressure Gauge were hand-made), however, if I hit a
snag where I'd be more than a week late in production, I would notify the
individual who ordered it from me.  I do find it safer and much easier (at
least time-wise) to do all distribution through Randy's website, Hozer
Video Games: http://www.netway.com/~hozervideo

I hope this is enlightening.

	-John K. Harvey