RE: [stella] RAM usage

Subject: RE: [stella] RAM usage
From: adavie@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:45:03 +1000
Unfortunately, no.
There are only 128 bytes of RAM (and they're in zero page) which you can
use.
That is, although zero page is the area from $0 to $FF, only $80 to $FF is
actually populated with RAM.
And worse still, the stack uses that very same 128 bytes - it usually works
from the top ($FF) down.
So, you don't really have 128 bytes anyway.  you have 128 bytes LESS the
amount of stack space you require.  Too many subroutines, and you wipe out
your variables.  This is what I love about the 2600 :)