Re: [stella] Elementary question

Subject: Re: [stella] Elementary question
From: Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:44:40 -0500 (CDT)
> Essentially OK.  But if you do your timing exactly right, you don't need to
> do the STA WSYNC.
> That is, you have a full 76 cycles available to do your stuff, so if you use
> exactly 76 cycles, you're smack bang set for starting the next scan line
> without requiring the WSYNC write.  That's my understanding.

I agree, that if you put another 3 cycles in there, you would not need the
STA WSYNC.  As to using the STA WSYNC as you describe, I would do a test
before trusting it.  I can concieve this STA WSYNC as holding until the
end of the following line, just as well as working as you describe.  Has
anyone filled a line like this?

Mark