Re: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800?

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800?
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 17:01:32 +0100
> I've tried my Supercharger in both the 7800s down here, and one
> just flashes the screen green and black.  The other doesn't want
> to turn on with it installed, but if you mess with it it comes up
> and prompts, but never seems to load (though sometimes the message
> will change to just "Rewind Tape").  My 2600s work fine with the
> same setup.

The "Rewind Tape" message usually is an indication, that the
output volume of your tape player isn't set correctly. The
Supercharger is very picky in that respect. If your SC works
at all on your 7800, chances are pretty high, that loading
data into it works as well.

> Only thing I thought of observationally is that the Supercharger
> might draw more power than a regular cartridge and my (and those
> other folks') power supply might be underperforming.  I used the
> same power supply on both 7800s.  I'll see if I can find another
> one around here somewhere...

I don't know what the problem with the SC is either, but the
PAL Compumate keyboard doesn't work properly on my PAL 7800
because of a programming error that relies on some undifined
bits in the collision detection registers. On the 2600 the
state of the bits is accidently as expected, but on the 7800
it isn't and therefore you can't run any BASIC programs.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg