[stella] New game concept...now has a webpage!

Subject: [stella] New game concept...now has a webpage!
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 23:12:29 -0500
Hi all-

I have put up a web page for folks to track my progress of my game
development (see my original Stella Mailing List post for background,
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/200011/msg00050.html)

It can be found at: http://www.mindspring.com/~jgrand/atari/index.html

It basically has my initial drawings and will have an increasing number of
source code/binaries as the development advances.

The first source code/binary example I have up is _extremely_ preliminary
and much work needs to be done, so no laughing! Many, many things are TBD
and will be added as I continue (e.g. sounds, name of the game, logo,
graphics, etc.)

Anyway, I wanted to get something up so people can follow my progress,
albeit slow, if they so desire. A few more looks at the Freeway code should
have me on my way. :)

I haven't come across any decent source code using paddles (didn't
Mondo-Pong?), so I've decided to stick with joystick control of the
drivehead until further down the line. Hopefully this won't affect any of
my timing.

Also, beware that this binary has only been tested with StellaX 1.1.3a.
It's probably not worth running, anyway, but enjoy it if you do. :) There's
no need to criticize the source code at this time, since it is most
obviously a work-in-progress.

More later.

Joe
jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx