[stella] Qb/Demo background animation (very rudimentary)

Subject: [stella] Qb/Demo background animation (very rudimentary)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:33:14 +1100
Attached: Just a quick demo I knocked up tonight... this was a test to see
if large-scale animation of background graphics could be used to achieve a
2D version of a game I wrote yonks ago... "Qb".   In short, it can.  This
demo shows 7 4x4 blocks being moved on the screen;  the actual onscreen code
is negligible... just placing down the playfield.  Even the animation is
pretty straightforward - I've slowed it down to the speed I'd like to use in
my game.
I might have a play and see if I can do some more of the game, but no
promises.  Thought the list would be interested in this (admittedly very
rudimentary) demo.  The actual game I'm talking about can be seen at...
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~aaronat/qb.html
Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v