Re: [stella] a question...

Subject: Re: [stella] a question...
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:31:16 +0100
> If I do:
>
> var = $80
> var2 = var+2
>
> this means that when I store #5 in var (i.e.), the value in var2 is #7?
> what happen if I store some value in var2, which is the value in var?

No, the two equates above just assign names to memory addresses.
If you store something to var, it will be stored in the RAM at address
$80. If you store something to var2, it will be stored in address $82.

This helps you to keep your code more readable. Let's say you want to
keep track of how many lives a player has left. Then you could do

Lives = $80

When a player loses a life you can simply do 'dec Lives' instead of
'dec $80'. You don't have to remember that address $80 contains
the number of lives.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-