Re: [stella] Qb: v0.05

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v0.05
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:12:32 +0100
> As you can see, I've done a bit of work on this version, and there are
lots
> of little things here and there which have improved the look/feel of the
> entire thing tremendously.  I probably can't recall all of them, but some
of
> them are...

Yes, the new version is a great improvement. Now you only have to
change the colours of the fruits to make them look more 'real' in PAL
mode. I mean pineapples aren't pink and purple in Australia, are they?
;-)

Oh, and I like the friendly looking player sprite much better than
the angry looking one.

> * Changed a delay counter to 233 per Eckhard's testing.  Let's see how
that
> goes.

Not good. Your display routine got longer again. But if you just
remove the code that sets up the timer and the code that waits for
the timer to expire, everything displays nicely on my system. BTW
there is one branch out of reach in the code that you sent to the list.

The routine that changes the target screen seems to take too long
too. Everytime the target screen changes, the screen jumps. Maybe
it would help, if you increased the timers for the VBLANK period
and the overscan period so much that the game would do 312 lines
per frame total.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-