Re: [stella] Qb: v0.05

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v0.05
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:47:39 +1100
Thanks to Thomas for his comments on v0.05.  Arrived 2 minutes after I
posted v0.06.

> I've tried to understand your SpriteRedirect thing. If I understand
anything correct, I'd say you can get the same result with much less ROM and
even less cycles by redesigning it the way I did explain Manuel some days
ago.

You are probably correct.  I was just avoiding any use of conditionals in my
kernel.  I understand what you are suggesting, and I can't think of a good
reason why I'm not doing this.  I'll be delighted to save 200 bytes of ROM,
and if I can, I will.  So, thanks.

> BTW: Try not to start with (or avoid at all) the gray PF color, it doesn't
look very nice. And the first impression sometimes counts...

OK.

You don't have any predefined level, right?

No, they are totally random, and I'm absolutely sure they're all solvable :)

Thanks once again for the comments - I *do* read and think carefully about
all suggestions - and you might have noticed that I've implemented many of
them, too :)

Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v

-