Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: One Step Forward & Two Steps Back

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: One Step Forward & Two Steps Back
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:52:55 -0800
At 03:31 PM 2/26/2001 +0100, you wrote:
Some thoughts later... I was just wondering... when I accept this as a
good compromise anyway - then why turning 90° ?!? :-)

1) to be able to use two sprites to paint each character (16 bit wide or 2-color per scanline possible)
2) to be able to go back to single line resolution
3) to be able to reserve all your processor time to draw the middle objects

I don't blame you if you don't like the other perspective, but you have to remember that you've still got your work cut out for you if you do it the old way.

-