[stella] Qb Instruciones & gameplay comments

Subject: [stella] Qb Instruciones & gameplay comments
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:37:36 -0500
Welp, I've gone to the site where Qb for the Atari 800 (http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~aaronat/qb.html) is available for download, but I don't see a manual. Not that the premise seems too difficult (took me a few seconds playing to find out what that site says; the fire button gets rid of the "bad guys"), but I thought I might bug you for one. Manuals are definitely one of my favorite parts of a game, and the quality over the years seems to have gotten quite a bit worse. Who is this Qb critter? What's his motivation?!! Where's all this crazy fruit come from? Is Qb a vegetarian? etc. :^D

And fwiw, I think the flicker works with the fruits. The game's going fast enough that I enjoy the multicolor more than I dislike the flicker. I remember games like Donkey Kong (where Kong was one color, iirc) and perhaps Popeye where the lack of multicolor really hurt the gameplay imo.

There is a sinlge-color critter who's potato looking who seems to have the palsy. Sometimes he jumps, and sometimes he just sits there. What's up with him?

Cool game, thanks! When's the cart coming out? Soon as you get the title screen? :^) Would be neat to get the buyer's name in there or perhaps just the number of the cart.

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/